Sunday 23 August 2009

Sin

Jesus has cast our sin as far as the east is from the west. He has forgiven it all, paid the penalty for it all. But we still need to deal with it day to day. How do we do this? From God's point of view, we are no longer sinners, but saints. From our point of view though, we still sin. So what do we do with that? We come to God in prayer daily and confess. By confess, I mean agree with God that you have sinned, thank God that He has already forgiven you and ask and trust God to change your wrong attitude and actions. "Then I acknowledged my sin to You and did not cover up my iniquity. I said, ‘I will confess my transgressions to the Lord' -- and You forgave the guilt of my sin" (Psalm 32:5) "....as far as the east is from the west, so far has He removed our transgressions from us" (Psalm 103:12) Is this all we need to understand and apply? Or is anything that is beyond this trying to do it ourselves and seeking to earn our salvation? Of course we must strive to do the will of God and live by His law, but ultimately when (not if) we fail, He is faithful to forgive and has paid for us. No need for sacrifice or offering! And by His grace and work, bit by bit, as we grow in fellowship with Him, we will grow in holiness and depart more and more from our sinful ways.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin