Thursday 6 August 2009

This Lion... Aslan.

'Well, exactly the same thing happened again. And I thought to myself, oh dear, how many skins have I got to take off?... So I scratched away for the third time and got off the third skin, just like the two others, and stepped out of it. But as soon as I looked at myself in the water I knew it had been no good. 'Then the Lion said, You will have to let me undress you... 'The very first tear he made was so deep I thought it had gone right into my heart. And when he began pulling the skin off, it hurt worse than anything I had ever felt...And there it was lying on the grass: only ever so much thicker and darker, and more knobbly looking than the others had been... 'After a bit the Lion took me out and dressed me...in new clothes--the same I've got on now as a matter of fact.' C.S. Lewis The Voyage of the 'Dawn Treader' (chapter 27)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin