Friday 1 September 2006

I miss my mum.

I am settled now. Christoph (the dad of the family I live with) is back for the weekend. The way things work here is that Christina (the mum) speaks to the kids in English and Christoph speaks to them in German. So since Wednesday my German has been flooding back to me at an alarming rate. See, in a few months I'll be writing this in German. Won't that be fun for you all! Today is Kaj's birthday. I like birthdays in this family because you get to eat cake for breakfast. Nice one! I went swimming this morning because I was up so early to see the opening of the presents. Only thing, they have classes on in the mornings so the public pool gets quite cramped. So much so I only stayed 45 minutes and kind of got squeezed out. Work is odd just now. One of my colleagues got the sack. So we're adjusting to that and waiting for Sheila to find another male playworker. Hopefully she will and not just settle for putting a female playworker from James Gillespies at Little Foxes! I'm now a third of the way through my SVQ childcare course, which is encouraging. Tomorrow I'm having breakfast with Sarah before she leaves for Montserrat (her tiny island in the Caribbean). It's sad to see her go but so exciting that she gets to go to captain Jack Sparrow's domain. Imagine if she sees him! Waaah! On Sunday I'm going to watch the end of festival fireworks with Nadia and Laura. On Tuesday I'm going to Cramond Island with Brittany. This is exciting. It's not far (you can get there by bus or maybe even walk) and at low tide you can walk onto the Island. So we're going to do that.

I was wanting to go to Paris for a weekend end of September for the 5th anniversary of the French Language Ministry. Unfortunately, Christina needs to go to Germany that weekend so it's not possible. Plus there is no one to replace me at work on the Monday so it's doubly not possible. Bou. But because the next time I'll see my family is Christmas, that will be 5 months since the last time I saw them. So I'm thinking of maybe going over for a weekend for Mouche's birthday or dad's, in November, depending on Christina's schedule.

Quote for the day. "Have you tried some of the crumb cake?" - Christoph talking about the crumble he made. The German accent makes this all the funnier to me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is this the pepper schnapps christoph??

Anna said...

no... he was austrian and i don't think he had 4 kids!! hehe

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin