Tuesday 5 September 2006

It's raining, it's pouring, the old man is snoring!

Saturday, I went to Favorit (though it ended up being Starbucks because we were to early for Favorit) for breakfast with Saz my now ex-flatmate. Sad. Good times though. I'm really going to miss her! Later that day was the experience of a lifetime, Sainsbury's shopping en famille. Christina, Marius and his friend Gabriel, Kaj, Rosa, Felix and I all piled in the car and drove to Sainsbury's, the big one. Imagine taking that many kids to a huge store. "Mum, can we get this?" some of the time, and the rest of the time, they all dissapeared to their prefered sections of the shop and to surrounding clothes and jewelry shops. An hour and a half later, everyone piles back in the car with £120 worth of shopping for the week. Such fun! In the evening the kids and I watched Sister Act 2. I don't think they appreciated it as much as I did. It must be a growing up in the 90's thing. I don't know. They didn't get the funniness of it. Day one of the cold. Sunday. Day 2 of the cold and any person who's thought about this knows that day 2 is the worst. (Apparently my work colleagues have not thought this through because they were all cluless when I said it was day 2 of my cold. When I said to mum on the phone that today was the worst day, she immediately said "day 2". Person in the know!) Because I was feeling ugh, I didn't go to church. You can't blow your nose so much in church! But I booked flights to go home to France when the family I live with are going to Florida for a couple of weeks in October. So I'll have the house to myself for a few days, then go to see mum, dad, Joe and Ben, and if I'm lucky I may catch a glimpse of Nathan as he heads out the door one day (his girlfriend Beki will be back!). I went to dinner at Nadia and Laura's then we went on to see the end-of-the-International-festival fireworks. They lastest close to an hour! Amazing! They let them off from the castle.

These fireworks were set off in a way that made them look like a waterfall from the castle onto the rocks it's built on.

Yesterday Ebenezer came round for breakfast, Christoph left to go back to Birmingham, and I went to work. That is about the extent of yesterday!

Today Brittany and I were going to go to Cramond and walk onto an island at low tide, but it's pouring with rain and I had anticipated something a little dryer. So instead we're going to see The Break Up. That's actually pretty cool in itself because we're getting Gold Class tickets. I'm sure they're vastly overpriced for a leather reclining seat and waiter service of drinks to your chair, but it's the only film neither of us have seen and that isn't a horror comedy (?!) or some pretty apauling thriller. So that should be a fun experience.

Next weekend I am left alone with the children... who knows what could happen!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I thought it WAS a waterfall.
Looking forward to you coming home in October. We have the Buicks coming tonight so your bed will be in use and as Nathan's just left for England to see a certain young lady, so will his!
Love you and hope you're feeling better.
Mum x

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin