Tuesday 22 May 2007

Satisfied in God alone

It totally hit me tonight at homegroup that we're not there only to meet with each other, nor just to pray, but to meet with God. Like God is there in that living room with us. I just found that amazing all over again. It was a fantastic feeling, one that brought me to tears. There are so many things to bring to God just now. I find myself praying all the time, almost litterally. I often think of things when I'm walking, only I go on a tangent when I pray in my head. One thing that we talked about in Discipleship Explored on Sunday was praying out loud in the street. And so that people don't think you're a looney, just put your phone to your ear. So I've been doing that the past couple of days and it's been great. To be able to chat with God in the street, out loud, and no one has any idea just how important the person on the end of the line is, nor how interested He is in the stupid things I tell Him and ask Him about. Of course some of the things I talk about are not stupid at all, there in fact quite serious. No matter, the person on the end of the line is the one person I would want to be speaking to about them all, at any time. At DE, we also talked about being happy even in sadness. It's about being satisfied in God alone. I'm closer to that point than I was 4 years ago, I actually closer to that point than I was yesterday, but I have this feeling that I still have a long way to go. And I want God to teach me to be satisfied in only Him, but that would involve suffering would it not. So ok, I'm going to leap, and say it. I want to be satisfied in God alone. So Lord, do what it takes for me to get there.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, it sounds like you're further on than I am my dear.
Love you and can't wait to see you.
Mum X

Lauren said...

That's a prayer He will always answer :)

Beki said...

Just make sure you put your phone on silent when you hold it to your ear... if it goes off half way through...!!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin