Wednesday 1 August 2007

Stretching and dirty feet


Two things about camp. First remark is that my feet have not been clean in 6 weeks. Even during a shower just after scrubbing them with soap. A sad reality I have come to accept.

Second I have to acknowledge the vast amount of stretching I have been through/am going through. It's crazy to think of the things I have done. I have been petrified on a weekly basis at least. I have soul responsibility for 7 animals, which means I am in charge of them not dying. I have failed once so far, not by my own fault though so I don't feel too bad. I was asked to give my testimony at staff church and accepted, so stood up in front of 50 people, most of whom I didn't know very well, I have lead camp songs at devotions, I have shared my faith (or snippets of it) on many occasions, I have had the scaryest conversation of my life and actually got words out of my mouth, gone on a lost camper search, slept in Harlem... you get the picture.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there, you don't actually know me but here is a short explanation - I became friendly with Kimmy Ross (Cranford) when she came over to Scotland and joined her in the wonderful world of Xanga. Somehow I came to follow your page through hers.
Anyway, your picture of camp has Lindsay-May from my church (Kings Motherwell) and I just thought that was kinda amazing! I hope you are having a fantastic time at camp with the kids and making memories that will last a lifetime! Abundant blessings to you, Yvonne Smith. http://www.xanga.com/yims

Anonymous said...

Showers don't work as well as baths when it comes to feet.

Anonymous said...

It was your mother who wrote the previous message. She forgot to sign it.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin