Monday 20 April 2009

God Surprises

Day One of asking God to surprise me, and He has. I've gone back recently to feelings of depression which I hadn't had in about 4 1/2 years, and insomnia and a lack of appetite. And I need God to help me out of these things. I have no strength to fight. But He has all the strength in the world and defeated Satan already. I have hope. Thankfulness and prayer are good tools to keep up the fight. When I woke up yesterday I asked God to surprise me. I had that prayer in my head all day. And He did. * On my way to choir rehearsal I was listening to music and having it in my head with the earphones was so powerful. It immediately lifted me. The first song that came on was Hosanna by Paul Baloche. It's a song I tend to sing without thinking about it. But having it in my head (I mean loud because of the earphones and no space for anything else) made me realise the power and relevance of some of the words: "When we see you we have strength to face the day. In your presence all our fears are washed away." It was such a great reminder and a lovely surprise! What will he surprise me with today?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin