Monday 6 December 2010

A bit of a life-changing quote

John Piper said this:
"One of the great uses of Twitter and Facebook will be to prove at the Last Day that prayerlessness was not from lack of time."

I read it the other day, and it got me thinking. It challenged me.
These days I'm having a lot of down days. I'm finding life tough, for no external or apparent reason. This is causing strain on me, but also on those close to me. Something that is sure to help is prayer. I'm not praying enough. Not for lack of time, but for wasted time. And wasting time itself makes me feel groggy and down. And what is the point of facebook? I mean really? Even just reading people's statuses makes me feel annoyed and irritated. Especially the ones that are complaining about this that or the other, but worse are the ones complaining in a disguised way. So I quit it. For two weeks to start off with, but I kind of really want to quit it for good. It's an intense desire that has come on quite suddenly. One of which I'm a bit scared of but also relieved to be feeling. The only reason I'd really want to keep it is for other people's photos. If I could just have that without all the other faff and rubbish, I'd do that, in a heartbeat. I'm now just considering how much I value and want the photos if the rest does indeed have to come with it. But for now, for the next two weeks, Iain has changed my password, and I therefore cannot access facebook. And so far, it's good! Really good. I just need to make a point of substituting facebook time with prayer time and good book reading time.

1 comment:

Kathie Lambert said...

You are so right dear daughter. I get annoyed by facebook too, but I am addicted and I do tend to rely on it for info. Maybe I should simply start off by deleting people who aren't really "Friends" and see where I go from there. You have challenged me. and reading which I don'tI have so much else to do including prayer do because I am in front of a 'puter screen.
Love you little girl. XXX

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin