Tuesday 28 June 2011

When God answers

I was praying this morning, and told God quite frankly that I had no desire to pray. I don't know why, there's not been anything specific that has happened or not happened to make me feel this way, but I just didn't want to pray. But I did, and He got me up a bit earlier so I had longer to pray this morning than I often do. And I prayed, and it was good. I like it when obedience brings answered prayer. This afternoon, I was lying on my bed and just thought I really needed something to be challenged on and to have God work on specifically and have a topic to study in depth. I've been feeling a bit down and getting angry and frustrated easily again the past few days. So I decided to go to a couple of Christian websites to be inspired and fill my mind with good and God things. And there it was. The Boundless Summer Challenge, fresh out and ready to focus my mind on things from above. This year, the Summer Challenge is based on 2 Corinthians 5:14-20 which says,
For Christ’s love compels us, because we are convinced that one died for all, that those who live should no longer live for themselves but for him who died for them and was raised again. So from now on we regard no one from a worldly point of view. Though we once regarded Christ in this way, we do so no longer. Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come! All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation: that God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting men’s sins against them. And he has committed to us the message of reconciliation. We are therefore Christ’s ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ’s behalf: Be reconciled to God.

The topic is reconciliation in relationships. I found last year that some of the challenges were too American to be exported and some required elements were not available in the UK. Or they were too cheesy and just would not be overly appropriate in the culture here, but I did a few of the challenges and benefited I'm sure. I just thought it was kind of cool how God answered that thought (it wasn't even a prayer!) and feel it is something I should try to adhere to this summer, working on learning that passage off by heart and applying it in different ways through the challenges set each week. So here goes. :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin