Thursday 21 September 2006

On The Move

Again. I'm moving. I've been thinking about it seriously for a few days now, yesterday morning I decided. Yesterday evening I looked at a flat and told Christina I am moving there. On Saturday, Laura is driving her car round to help me move. It's all going so fast, but to be honest, I can't wait. I can't strike a balance that pleases both Christina and I. So I'm not moving far, the flat is beautiful, peaceful, welcoming and the people I'll be living with seem lovely. Now I've had a taste of independence and lived independent for 3 years, it's extremely difficult to revert back to being dependent on other people's schedules (especially 6 people's schedules) and fit in the things I am committed to such as work at Little Foxes, uni, Ecosoc committee, my childcare course, Index (church student program) and still find time for myself amidst endless laundry, endless dishes and fairly demanding, though accommodating children. I've found it extremely stressful. I'm amazed at how smoothly the flat hunting and moving has been so far and cannot thank God enough for that! That is the main news. Other news is that classes have started back, 2 days in, I can say that they have been fairly interesting so far, so I'm excited about that. Principles of Ecology and Global Environmental Processes are the two courses I'm taking this semester. The latter is quite geology/geography inclined, but still interesting. There is a "heavy hurricane storm to hit the UK". It should hit Scotland tonight. That's quite exciting in my eyes. It's hurricane Gordon, though it's lost a lot of power as it's come to cooler waters. So it'll just pull up a few trees, maybe cut power in some areas... Nothing major. Never been in a hurricane before. Though right now it's really warm, though extremely windy. Is that characteristic?

2 comments:

Jason Ramage said...

Hey Anna... I'm assuming you know that Mike and Claire set a date. I think it's Decemeber 22nd or something. Anyway, you and all of Claire's European friends should jump across the pond for the wedding. That'd be awesome!

Anna said...

it would indeed be awesome. thinking a little short notice for my student budget. arg and doh!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin