Monday 9 October 2006

Fun Times!

I am so excited - my flatmate Katy said last night that my other flatmate Stevo was really interested in going along to some church thing with me sometime. Stevo's been in the USA for the past 10 days or so, so he hasn't been able to tell me himself. I suggested Christianity Explored which starts a week on Thursday (though I will be in France for the first one) but Katy said that it'd be good for them both to go along to that. How amazing! And Arpita (my other flatmate) is also interested in Christianity so I'm going to get her along to Christianity Explored too. Who knows, by the end of the year I could be living with 3 Christians. Psalm 97 1 The LORD reigns, let the earth be glad let the distant shores rejoice. 2 Clouds and thick darkness surround him; righteousness and justice are the foundation of his throne. 3 Fire goes before him and consumes his foes on every side. 4 His lightning lights up the world; the earth sees and trembles. 5 The mountains melt like wax before the LORD, before the Lord of all the earth. 6 The heavens proclaim his righteousness, and all the peoples see his glory. We've had a few close disasters in the flat in the past couple of days, and even past couple of weeks... Katy and I made one of the plug sockets spark so almost starting a house fire. Katy took the radiator off its hinges and got water spurting all over the place. Turns out we got a new radiator fit today because the other one was ancient and waiting to break anyway. Katy and I took about 15 minutes to work out where the rinsing aid goes in the dishwasher, putting it every place we could think it might go. Stevo put the washing machine on at 90 degrees C making it foam a lot. A LOT. The builders did something to the pipes making them make a very loud and unnerving noise in the kitchen until we turned the hot water off.

And in spite of loving it here and feeling very happy here and loving stuff going on (things at work are much much better so far this week) I'm missing my dad, mum and brothers desperately and can't wait to go home next week and catch up with them, hopefully spend some quality family time. Or maybe we'll manage a meal when we're all there!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is all SO exciting Anna. Plenty of prayer fodder to get us on our knees. We're missing you too. It's such a shame I'm on a training course when you're here, but it's only during the day and not in the evenings!!
Bises
Mum (about to take the cat to the vet for her annual jabs).
Did you realise it's our 16th anniversary of being in France today? Do you remember the day (or weeks we arrived? Stressful times!)

Anonymous said...

wow! praise god for what he's doing there! I know he's using you. Let's just hope that your apartment stays in one piece for a while longer ;)

Be checking your mail in the next week or so..

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin