Tuesday 7 November 2006

Amazed!

You dance over me
While I am unaware
You sing all around
But I never hear the sound
Lord I'm amazed by You
Lord I'm amazed by You
Lord I'm amazed by You
How You love me
You paint the morning sky
With miracles in mind
My hope will always stand
For You hold me in Your hand
How wide
How deep
How great
Is Your love for me
©2004 Vertical Worship Songs
Amazed, Jared Anderson
Wow. God's been so amazing, these past few days I've especially noticed it. Over the past few weeks at Index (youth group at church) we've been looking at "Who is God, what is He like?" How absolutely mind blowing it's been. To be reminded of stuff, to see stuff in a new perspective, to be challenged to look into stuff in more detail. As a result of it, I have such a thirst for God's word, like rarely before. I can't get enough of it, I want to just soak it all in like a giant sponge. On Saturday I went to this thing church is running called Foundations. They don't like to call it a course, but in essence, that's really what it is. It was absolutely amazing. It brought about discussions with people who were there and with others when I talked to them about it.
On Sunday night Leanne and I cooked for Index (about 90 people) which was such fun and a great way to serve. It was awesome to see the eagerness people had to help clean up afterwards as well. What servant hearts. I walked home with Tim, Jonah and Myriam, people I've never really talked to much at church but who all go to Index. It gave me such a boost. We are all at a place in our lives where we want nothing more than to get to know God better, and learn to defend the faith (apologetics). I didn't want to part ways, it helped us get to know each other and I feel like I've known them years when in reality I've only probably ever talked to them 3 hours of my life. We got down to such deep issues strait away.
My friend Jenn is getting baptised on Sunday. Everyone at Index are invited to all go up and eat lunch together and all go along to the baptism service to support her. Such a powerful thing. And so exciting too!
Who is like Him,
The Lion and the Lamb, seated on the throne
Mountains bow down,
Every ocean roars to the Lord of Hosts
Praise Adonai
From the rising of the sun
To the end of every day
praise Adonai
All the nations of the earth,
All the angels and the saints sing praise
Praise Adonai, Paul Baloche
Yay!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow... I did not even know you went to that Church. You know that was my old Church in Edinburgh... I had two of them... towards the end of my time in Edinburgh, i went to that one the most, me thinks.

Ebe out.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin