Thursday 19 April 2007

Not enough of a good thing

So I had a good birthday. That was a while ago... and actually, I haven't been to work since. I went to England and said farewells to my godmother and her family going to New Zealand, then to my godfather and his wife going to retire on a barge. In between, I saw my friend Ruth whom I last saw 4 years ago when she was engaged. She is now married and pregnant with her second child!! And I stayed with my friend Cecily from France and with my friends Geoff and Joy in London. After London, I got on a eurostar to Paris to spend time with mum and dad. I also saw a little of the boys but they are away this weekend at Fabricants de Joie. It sounds like they're not doing so great there, and are looking forward to coming home. Joseph is excited about playing his first "gig" on the 4th May (pas tout a fait...) so a lot of his focus is on that just now I think. I've spent some good time with Janelle, who's over from the states, Lynsey, her friend from Canada and Colin who's over from Australia. But I've only been in France 4 days, I leave tomorrow morning and I feel I haven't spent enough time with mum and dad, or the boys. I guess I'll be back early June, but still. I guess the other part of not wanting to go back is the facing exams and working out what o do with my stuff and accomodation over the summer. I'm happy where I am, but with Steve and Katy moving to Quatar, on verra quoi! So that's me just now really, not ready to go back. Just a few more days would do, but I'd miss important things in Edinburgh, such as, well, work... missed enough of that, exams (could do without them), foundations, and bunac orientation which is on Sunday. Besides, Arpita needs me! ;o)

1 comment:

Lauren said...

what is bunac orientation?

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin